Yesterday turned out to be a big Oculus Wednesday. First, there was the Oculus Quest flash sale (hopefully you didn’t miss it), then there was the little matter of the Oculus Gaming Showcase. The event was jampacked with announcements, from anticipated updates to brand new virtual reality (VR) titles being revealed. There was a lot to take in, so here are the highlights.
It was a 30 minute whirlwind of information, dispensing with the sort of fluff most other these events have, getting down to the good stuff. That meant lots of VR videogames, some getting updates right away whilst other are coming later this year.
Oculus Gaming Showcase Roundup
- Lone Echo II – The long-awaited sci-fi epic is now scheduled for a Summer 2021 launch supporting Oculus Rift!
- Resident Evil 4 – There was new footage as well as gameplay details for this Oculus Quest 2 exclusive, weapons will be body mounted and there will be smooth and teleportation options.
- Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge: Part 2 – The first teasing details for the second installment, introducing you to a mysterious Ithorian called Dok-Ondar.
- Pistol Whip: Smoke & Thunder – The next campaign for the popular rhythm action shooter, it’ll be set in the Wild West and arrives this summer.
- I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy and the Liar – Schell Games confirmed the spy sequel will support Oculus Quest and Rift which it launches in 2021.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Aftershocks – A massive update for the apocalyptic experience, it’ll continue the story with new missions, collectibles, and hours of gameplay. Due for release in May.
- After the Fall – Looking forward to Vertigo Games’ co-op shooter, see it in action with a new gameplay trailer.
- Carve Snowboarding – The only completely new videogame to be revealed, Carve Snowboarding sees Chuhai Labs team up with 1080° Snowboarding creator Giles Goddard to get players back on the slopes.
- Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sister – Released in 2020, Pixel Toys announced that the horde mode was getting a co-op element so you can fight the hordes of Chaos with a mate. Plus, it’s available now as a free update!
- The Climb 2 – Another big update, Crytek releases the Freestyle Expansion Pack today, adding six new courses with new gameplay elements to really challenge the best climbers.
And that’s your lot from the first Oculus Gaming showcase. So there’s plenty to look forward to before the end of 2021 and then there’s always Facebook Connect later in the year. For all the latest Oculus updates, keep reading VRFocus.