It’s finally Oculus Quest 2 launch day, with Facebook releasing its much-publicised standalone virtual reality (VR) headset. Some of you may already have it whilst others are awaiting their pre-orders, either way, there’s plenty of new and improved content to enjoy when the time comes to switch it on. So here’s a roundup of which videogames have arrived this week for the launch as well as those getting improvements.
Now if you already own the original Oculus Quest and you’ve previously bought these titles you can download them again, this time making use of the extra power to improve their visuals. Or those new to the platform who want to get the most out of the Oculus Quest 2 can pickup some visually enhance content.
- Affected: The Manor – Adds a brand-new The Darkness update, where you only have a candle to illuminate the dark. For Quest 2 there is a brand-new functionality; Dynamic Shadows.
- Apex Construct – Adds higher resolution, no foveated rendering, more particle effects, ragdolls on NPCs and more audio effects.
- Arizona Sunshine – Uglier zombies, real-time sniper scopes, dynamic lighting and shaders, and an improved world; Blood spatter, foliage, birds, destructible glass.
- Beat Saber (Multiplayer) – The popular rhythm-action title now allows up to five people to play together. Supports all official songs but not cross-play between platforms.
- Death Horizon: Reloaded – Improved enemies, environments and dynamic lighting.
- Gravity Lab – More complex materials, better lighting and higher resolution and support for the 90Hz mode.
- Ironlights – Render resolution doubled, fine text, model edges and particle effects have been improved.
- In Death: Unchained – Better draw distance, improved visual elements (coming Oct 2020).
- Little Witch Academia: VR Broom Racing – Brand new to the Oculus Quest platform.
- Onward – Improved level of detail bias for less noticeable transitions or ‘pop in’ plus support for specular maps on weapons.
- Phantom: Covert Ops – Optimisation for the Oculus Quest 2.
- Rec Room – Optimized Isle of Lost Skulls only for Quest 2.
- Rez Infinite – Brand new to the Oculus Quest platform.
- Red Matter – Textures and environment detail.
- Real VR Fishing – Improved texture resolution for Quest 1 & 2 with Quest 2 also seeing fish resolution doubled as well as overall resolution.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Brand new to the Oculus Quest platform. Faster loading, higher-res graphics, enhanced environments & spatial audio and more wound effects for Quest 2.
- Trover Saves the Universe – Improve framerate and resolution.
- Solaris Offworld Combat – Resolution improvements
- Superhot VR – A higher level of fidelity with support for the 90Hz mode.
- Space Channel 5: Kinda Funky News Flash! – Brand new to the Oculus Quest platform.
- Waltz of the Wizard: Extended Edition – Real-time lighting, particle effects, more objects and better resolution.
This list will likely increase over time as more developers look to focus their efforts on the new hardware. If you’ve not yet decided whether to buy the headset then take a look at our Oculus Quest 2 review. Fur further content updates, keep reading VRFocus.