The Steam Summer Sale has once again returned offering a deluge of discounts for gamers after a deal. For virtual reality (VR) fans, there’s no shortage of offers available whether you’re after a big AAA title like Half-Life: Alyx or one of the numerous indie videogames for less than £10 GBP.
Steam’s Summer Sale runs until 9th July, in which time you can make use of hundreds of offers, plus if any of them are over £30 you’ll be able to save a further £5 with the discount applied at the checkout.
While there are way too many to mention, VRFocus has compiled a little list of the offers which most caught our eye:
- Half-Life: Alyx – £34.86 (25% discount)
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – £24.79 (20% discount)
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted – £15.93 (33% discount)
- Until You Fall – £9.29 (40% discount)
- Gorn – £7.49 (50% discount)
- The Thrill of the Fight – £5.59 (20% discount)
- A Fisherman’s Tale – £9.09 (35% discount)
- Red Matter – £12.99 (35% discount)
- The Room VR: A Dark Matter – £19.99 (20% discount)
- No Man’s Sky – £19.99 (50% discount)
- Boneworks – £19.03 (20% discount)
As per usual in Steam sales, the platform likes to include an additional sales feature to encourage gamers to buy more titles through various rewards. This time its the Points Shop, so when you buy a videogame, DLC, hardware, application, soundtrack, or an in-game item you’ll earn yourself points – 124 points for every £1.00 you spend to be exact. These can then be redeemed for animated avatars, frames, backgrounds, badges and chat items. The big difference with the Points Store is that it’s permanent.
So go take a look and see what catches your eye. For all the latest VR software and hardware deals, keep reading VRFocus.