Subscription Service Viveport Infinity Adds Oculus Quest Support
All thanks to Oculus Link.
Yesterday, VRFocus reported on HTC Vive rolling out a new wireless service called Viveport Streaming, allowing Vive Focus Plus users to play Viveport Infinity videogames from their PC. Today, the platform is expanding its support to Oculus Quest thanks to Oculus Link.
With the launch of Oculus Link in November, owners of the standalone headset could play Oculus Rift titles via a cable, just so long as the cable was compatible and their PC met the required specifications.
Now Oculus Quest owners can access the unlimited streaming service Viveport Infinity in the same manner, accessing hundreds of PC VR titles for $12.99 USD/month or $8.99 with an annual plan. This opens the flood gates, even more, when it comes to accessing the latest VR content on Oculus Quest, as you’re no longer restricted to one store.
To setup Viveport Infinity for Oculus Quest do the following:
Setup Oculus Link Beta
- Open the Oculus desktop app. *Make sure your Quest’s firmware is updated to version 11.0 or greater
- Go to Settings > General > Unknown Sources to enable 3rd party sources
- Navigate to Beta and join the public test channel
- Go to Devices on the menu bar and add “Quest” as your headset
- Connect your Quest to your PC via USB-C cable
- Click “Enable” during the Oculus Link prompt in headset
- Congrats! You are all set
- Log into a Viveport account (or create a new account if you’re joining us for the first time).
- Install SteamVR (this occurs automatically, but you may be asked to sign into your Steam account).
- Launch Viveport from the desktop shortcut
- Sign-up and start your free 14-day trial to Infinity giving you to access hundreds of Oculus compatible desktop titles.
- *Skip these steps if you already have an account*
- On the Viveport homepage, select “Featured for Oculus Rift” to filter for Oculus compatible content.
HTC Vive has always maintained Viveport as an agnostic service designed to promote VR whilst supporting a range of headsets. With the addition of Oculus Quest, Viveport now supports HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality. VRFocus will continue its coverage of Viveport, reporting back with the latest updates.