Fun Train, the publisher behind Wolf & Wood’s virtual reality (VR) horror The Exorcist: Legion VR, announced back in July it was working with Stonepunk Studios on an episodic adventure based on the famous Tarzan novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Now the studios have released the first gameplay trailer for Tarzan VR, showcasing the title in a little more detail.
With a distinctive comic book art style, the new trailer naturally features swinging through the treetops with bonuses to speed when you string together several well-timed swings. There’s also a little fist fighting with some mercenaries and some scenic locations to admire.
Tarzan VR will be split across five episodes designed as a serialized comic-style series of issues. Details released for each are as follows:
- Issue 1 – The Great Ape: Jane has been abducted by a group of invaders, and Tarzan must seek the wisdom of The Great Ape in order to find the trail of her mysterious captors.
- Issue 2 – Jagged Edge: Tarzan begins his pursuit of Jane’s captors and must make his way across the dangerous
Cliffs of Kombatu where one misstep leads to certain doom.
- Issue 3 – The Dead of Night: As night draws in, the jungle swamp poses all manner of hidden dangers. Tarzan
continues to pursue his quarry across the Sargos Swamps, and must face a familiar and deadly predator from a lost
- Issue 4 – Undertow: The secret gate to an undersea temple lays buried in the ocean depths. There is only ONE
way for Tarzan to continue his journey… straight down!
- Issue 5 – The Valley of Eden: In this grand finale, TARZAN MUST RALLY HIS ALLIES IN THE SHADOW OF AN ERUPTING VOLCANO! Only the strange fruit found in the heart of the Valley of Eden can save the life of Tarzan’s true love.
Players will have five expansive environments to explore, each offering their own unique set of weapons and challenges. To help complete these players will have access to unique Tarzan “skills” such as Call of the Wild, Earth Vision and Fish Eye.
A single-player adventure, Tarzan VR will support PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S, HTC Vive and Valve Index when the first episode arrives by the end of 2019. As further details are released regarding Tarzan VR, VRFocus will keep you updated.