Develop:Brighton 2019 Conference Schedule Released
Registration is now live with
It’s now getting into the season of big events with the Game Developers Conference (GDC) out the way, F8 2019 concluding yesterday, Google I/O next week and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) next month to name a few. There are also plenty of smaller, more focused events dotted around the calendar, one of which is the annual Develop:Brighton conference in the UK which has just published its full schedule.
The annual three-day conference and expo is set to feature more than 100 speakers who will be hosting talks, Q&As and roundtable discussions. Speakers will be covering a wide range of topics focused on eight tracks – Art, Design, Indie, Audio, Evolve, Business, Discoverability and Coding.
The speaker line-up includes the following talks:
- Keynote: Rebellion – The Path to Independence
- Chris Kingsley and Jason Kingsley – Rebellion
- Body Positivity in Character Design
- Loukia Kyriakidou – Freelance Artist
- A First Look: The Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- Brannon Zahand – Microsoft
- Fun, Safety, Profit: Year 1 of a Successful Indie Studio
- Lottie Bevan – Weather Factory
- Show Them the Money: An Agent & Developers Q&A
- Derek Douglas, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) & AJ Grand-Strutton – Dlala
- Elegance vs Intricacy – When Your Design Is Too Good to Have Depth
- Tim Fletcher – Jagex
- Pushing the Boundaries for PlayStation VR: Sony London Studio’s Journey to Blood & Truth
- Stuart Whyte – Sony London Studio
- Code Ahoy – Finding Hidden Treasure In Creating Your Own Audio Systems
- Jon Vincent, Jamie Hughes, Katie Tarrant & Guillaume Muller – Rare
- Next Gen VR – What Developers Need to Know
- Andrew Ayre Alvaro Barúa – ZeroLight
- Accessibility and the Importance of Including the Disabled in the Development Process
- Felicia Prehn – Nopia Oy
Alongside all the talks, Develop:Brighton 2019 will also include the Indie Showcase Competition where budding studios have the opportunity to show off their videogames not published by a third party, with the deadline being 20th May. And then there is the new Develop: Star Awards, celebrating the best videogames and talent from the last 12 months.
Registrations are now live with interested visitors able to save 20% on a conference pass with the Early Bird rate if bought on or before Wednesday, 5th June. Develop:Brighton runs from Tuesday 9th to Thursday 11th July 2019 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole. For further updates, keep reading VRFocus.