In 2018 SplitX held its inaugural XR summit in the city of Split, Croatia, to discuss the very latest in virtual reality (VR) augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) technologies. Next month the event will return for another three days of talks for XR entrepreneurs and investors on the beautiful Dalmatian coast, with an even bigger lineup of industry guests.
At SplitX the organisers like to do things a little differently to normal conferences dedicated to XR technology. Due to the stunning Mediterranean location, world-class experts will discuss the future of VR/AR/MR in a location with 2000-years of history. As such, sessions are laid back affairs with guests also able to enjoy a mix of Roman palaces, Dalmatian taverns, beachside cafes, and high tech offices.
2018’s lineup of seven speakers has now grown alongside the interest in the event. Speakers for 2019 include:
- Ryan Wang – Founding Partner at Outpost Capital
- Jesse Damiani – Editor-at-Large of VRScout, Forbes Contributor, CEO of Galatea
- Jaroslav Beck – Co-founder, CEO at Beat Games
- Jeff Burton – Electronic Arts Co-founder/Holodeck VR
- Nancy Baker Cahill – Multi-disciplinary artist, founder of 4th Wall
- Krasi Nikolov – Founder, CEO of Quark VR
- Dave Haynes – Director of Vive X Europe at HTC Vive
- Kim Baumann Larsen – VR Designer, CEO of Dimension Design
- Sara Lisa Vogl – World’s first VR Shaman / CTO VRBase
- Igor Knezevic – Creative Director/Founder at Alienology
- Samuel Huber – Founder / CEO at Admix
- Armando Matijevic – SplitX Founder
“SplitX is the only tech event that gave me a sense of strong intimacy with fellow pioneers and an abundance of creativity in the relaxed and mind-opening atmosphere of a beautiful Mediterranean city,” said Dominic Eskofier Head of VR, EMEAI NVIDIA regarding SplitX 2018.
“SplitX is not a conference,” explains founder Armando Matijevic. “It’s an intimate gathering of XR experts designed to bring everyone together and to truly connect.”
SplitX Summit 2019 is being held in Split, Croatia between 17th to 19th May, co-hosted by Admix with VRFocus as media partner. To apply to attend the event head to the official website for more information and the application form. VRFocus will continue its coverage of SplitX, reporting back with any further updates.