At VRFocus we aim to consistently deliver the latest news, highest quality features and impactful video content to a global audience. Dedicated to the virtual reality (VR) space, VRFocus is a media outlet with a wide-ranging audience covering both consumer and industry focused news and events. The team is looking to expand with a new Staff Writer who thinks they’ve got what it takes to report on this exciting and fast-paced industry.
VRFocus Staff Writer
Covering the latest VR and AR news from around the world, VRFocus is looking to add a Staff Writer to the team who lives and breathes the latest tech. The role requires a solid understanding of technology, from computers and smartphones to the latest software and videogames.
Experience writing news, long-form features and opinion pieces is a must, with an eye for a great headline and story. Most of the time work will be remote, however, some travel may be required as part of the role.
- Writing and creating news and features
- Conducting interviews
- Discovery and dissemination of breaking news
- Staying up to date on the latest VR/AR advancements
- Writing features on trending topics
- Supporting the team for major events
- Attending relevant events
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an online news writing role
- Degree in journalism or related subject is preferred but not essential
- Passionate about technology
- Knowledge of both the videogame and VR industries a bonus
- Able to work within a tight-knit team
- Understanding of social media as a traffic driver
- Excellent time management skills
- Image editing (e.g. Photoshop) advantageous
To apply for this role e-mail a covering letter, CV and work examples to: email@example.com