Nominate Your Favourite Game in the 2018 Steam Awards
You've got until Tuesday to decide.
Have you been endlessly playing a role-playing game (RPG) to the exclusion of all others? Or perhaps duking it out online in some multiplayer free-for-all. However you’ve been spending your gaming time there’s surely a favourite amongst your collection that you feel should be given an award to let the developers know how well they’ve done. Well now’s your chance as Steam has now opened nominations for its 2018 Steam Awards.
The Steam Awards will take place in February with nominations open until Tuesday 27th November. There are seven categories to choose from:
- Game of the Year
- “Maybe it was its immersive gameplay, or its gripping story… its well-crafted characters, immaculate design, or addictive multiplayer. Whatever the reason, the winner of 2018’s Game of the Year Award is an instant classic.”
- VR Game of the Year
“VR is the Wild West of game design. It’s a lawless land of emerging standards where pretty much anything goes. The winner of this award is not only hugely fun, but helps chart a course for the future of the medium.”
- Labor of Love
- “This game has been out for a while. The team is well past the first unveiling of their creative baby, but being the good parents they are, these devs continue to nurture and support their creation. This game, to this day, is still getting new content after all these years.”
- Best Developer
- “Whether it was by listening to their fans, creating something genuinely unexpected, or just delivering on the promise of a truly great game, this studio absolutely crushed it in 2018.”
- Best Environment
- “All those chatty cutscenes, all those reminders that they need a health pack again. Let’s face it, characters are overrated. As this winner illustrates, sometimes breathtaking scenery tells a better story than a thousand big-mouthed heroes.”
- Better with Friends
- “There are some games out there that just aren’t the same when you play by yourself. Maybe you need to have a friend to watch your back. Maybe you need to have a friend that you can stab in their back. Either way, mirth is awaiting those who gather friends to play these games.”
- Best Alternate History
- “Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Those who remember it just fine, but prefer to reinvent it, are doomed to get this award for 2018’s most entertaining tinkering with the history books.”
- Most Fun with a Machine
- “Whether it’s a car, truck, robot, or other mechanized contraption, the winner of this award fired on all cylinders, engineering an unforgettable gameplay experience made possible by machines.”
Steam has also put together four tasks for gamers to complete which will earn them some special badges. When Steam reveals the nomination list, VRFocus will let you know.