One of the more interesting titles announced for PlayStation VR in 2017 was Disruptive Games’ titanic brawler Megalith. With a released date set for January 2019, today has seen the rollout of a free beta alongside the first official gameplay footage.
In Megalith, players can choose from a selection of Titans to take into battle in teams of two, with the purpose being to destroy opponents using a range of special abilities. These can be used on their own or made even more effective when coordinated with an ally.
This isn’t just about Titans fighting each other. Teams need to help their minions attack opponents defences, destroying walls and towers to aid their forces as much as possible.
For the beta there will be five Titans to choose from, Tundra, Cipher, Taur, Aurora, and Hunter. Only two will be available at one time, with the selection changing each week. Players will find their characters may differ from others to ensure varied gameplay during the beta phase.
The five starting Titans and their abilities are:
- Tundra: Frost Blast (Primary), Ice Shield, Ice Shackles, Permafrost, Ice Age (Ultimate)
- Cipher: Bounce Launcher (Primary), Boomerang, Tether Pull, Rupture, Tracker Orbs (Ultimate)
- Taur: Swipe (Primary), Charge, Acid Spit, Rage Mode, Stoneblock (Ultimate)
- Aurora: Ethereal Burst (Primary),Chain Lightning, Ion Shell, Tempest, Wrath Of Heaven (Ultimate)
- Hunter: Crossbow (Primary), Arrow Volley, Explosive Arrow, Talisman, Solar Beam (Ultimate)
In addition to the beta, Disruptive Games has made the videogame available to pre-order. For those that do order the title, they’ll be able to choose from any of the five titans at any time during the beta. Other pre-order bonuses include:
- Bonus: Avatar pack including the starting five Titans.
- Bonus: One DLC Titan granted when the game releases.
- Exclusive: Epic skins for each of the starting five Titans when the game releases.
VRFocus will continue its coverage of Megalith, reporting back with further updates as announcements are made.