Aesthetica Short Film Festival Introduces Screen School VR Lab for 2018
There will be 360 film screenings and and panel discussions going on.
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) takes place in York every November, introducing guests to a wonderful raft of new and exciting content. 2018 will be slightly different with the organisers introducing feature films for the first time in the competition as well as opening the Screen School VR Lab in partnership with the London College of Communication.
The Screen School VR Lab is a series of sessions and industry discussions taking place during the festival, aimed at exploring the ever growing landscape of virtual reality (VR) and all the possibilities that the technology can offer modern filmmaking.
360 film screenings will be taking place at The Keregan Room, York Theatre Royal, Wednesday-Saturday 10:00-23:00 and Sunday 10:00-18:00. They run for 45 minutes. Places are limited and must be booked at the festival hub upon arrival on the day of the event. Tickets for the day’s session will be released at 09:00 on the day and are available on a first come first served basis.
Depending on the day the screenings will include:
- Haunt, Lilian Mehrel, USA
- Dolphin Man, Seppia Interactive, USA
- Fantasynth, Carlos Ulloa & Libertad Aguila, UK
- The Empathy Machine, Avril Furness, UK
- Shameful Conquest, Sarah Jones & Steve Sawkins, UK
- Escape Route, Dirk Koy, Switzerland
- Rone, Lester Francois, Australia
- Celestial Motion, Shehani Fernando, UK
- Rain or Shine, Nexus Studios/Google Spotlight Stories, UK
- The Green Line, Ioannis Bekiaris & Alexis Mavros, Cyprus
- Authentically Us, Jesse Ayala, USA
- Born Bare, Matthieu Van Eeckhout, France
As for the discussions groups they are:
- VR Broadcasting: The Changing Face of Journalism – Wednesday 7 November, 12:00-13:00
- AI and VR: Unprecedented Models – Thursday 8 November, 12:45-13:45
- VR Filmmaking: How to Create a 360° Film – Friday 9 November, 12:45-13:45
- Financial Models: The Future of VR – Saturday 10 November, 15:30-16:30
- The Ethics of Illusion: VR in the Everyday – Sunday 11 November, 14:00-15:00
The ASFF event runs from 7th – 11th November, 2018, with festival passes retailing from £16 GBP for a single Adult day pass. For any further updates keep reading VRFocus.