Pixvana Officially Launches Cloud-Based VR Platform SPIN Studio
Users can sign up for a free trial of SPIN Studio today.
For those wishing to create and distribute virtual reality (VR) video content then Pixvana’s SPIN Studio might be just what you’re looking for. Today, the company has announced the official launch of its XR storytelling platform, alongside its new stitcher as part of SPIN Studio.
Pixvana’s SPIN Studio is a cloud-based end-to-end platform for creating, editing, and distributing immersive video content. Creators can build interactive story experiences using hands-on tools that work with natural gestures and actions from within the headset. They’ll also be able to expedite processes, from camera upload to image editing, stitching, and distribution.
Using an Oculus Rift for example, users can combine media into interactive stories using Oculus Touch in a WYSIWYG interface. While in VR they’ll be able to sequence linear stories from their VR playlist, connect scenes in branching timelines, add interactive hotspots to guide the user’s gaze, incorporate hotspot actions, add graphic overlays and logos, and more.
“We are bringing to market the first complete set of cloud-based VR tools, with the capability of creating and editing in a virtual environment, making it easier than ever to build immersive VR experiences,” said Forest Key, Co-Founder and CEO of Pixvana. “With this release, we’ve completely reimagined the way people create interactive stories, and made it possible for them to unlock the real potential of VR media. Both expert and novice creators can now make VR video experiences and engage with audiences in more powerful ways – enlivening events, presentations, classrooms, tours and more.”
As part of SPIN Studio Pixvana has launched its new stitcher, allowing creators to turn multiple video files into a story. The software renders masters at 8K+ resolution in the cloud.
“8K is the future. With it comes incredible benefits, but the sheer volume of data still poses challenges,” said Jason Paul, general manager of Gaming Software and Virtual Reality at NVIDIA. “With NVIDIA’s VRWorks 360 SDK, the SPIN Studio solution for rendering 8K in the cloud simplifies the workflow, making 8K more accessible to many content creators.”
The complete end-to-end SPIN Studio feature set includes:
- VR Video Upload – Get raw files into the cloud quickly using a camera-agnostic uploader tool.
- Asset Organization – Easily manage VR video assets, including 2D and 360-degree photos and audio tracks from the cloud-based CMS.
- VR Video Editing – Level horizons and tweak color for lifelike results, automatically or with quick manual adjustments.
- VR Video Stitching – Stitch perfect XR masters in 8K+ resolution.
- In-Headset Creation – Work directly in the headset to build immersive experiences, with interactivity; add graphics, pictures, hotspots, sounds, text and more.
- VR Video Sharing – One-click VR casting capability for sending optimized videos to select headsets anywhere in the world, or for publishing to Steam or YouTube.
- SPIN Play – The app that brings it all together, from in-headset creation to easy video sharing. When used in “creation mode”, running on the Oculus Rift, the app lets you move content easily in 3D and has the power to place media spatially with a flick of the wrist.
SPIN Studio is compatible with devices including Oculus Rift and Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, and HTC Vive. Users can sign up for a free trial of SPIN Studio today. For further updates, keep reading VRFocus.