It has been a very long time since we last mentioned surreal virtual reality (VR) adventure videogame Unknown Fate. First revealed from MarsLit Games back in 2016, over two years ago. Following updated trailers for E3 and Gamescom in 2017, Unknown Fate was last seen dated for a release in Autumn 2017 after which it’s name became awkwardly apropos.
Now after a long wait, the title being published by 1C Company is finally set to make its bow onto the PC and HTC Vive next week, on September 6th 2018. Hitting Steam at $12.75 (USD) for a short period, a 15% discount off the regular price of $14.99 (USD). Not only this, but 1C Company has announced the title will be receiving eye tracking support features thanks to a new parternship between 1C Company and specialist technology and analysis company Tobii. This is in addition to support for the Oculus Rift which is being added at a later date.
Unknown Fate sees players take on the role of protagonist Richard. Who, upon suddenly losing conciousness wakes up in a surreal world that unfortuantely seems very much to not be a dream. Not only that he can’t seem to fully recall who he was or the life he previously had. As Richard you are tasked with hunting down clues, possessions and memory triggers that will allow Richard to piece back together the person he once was and the life that he has lost. But in a strange world, where he is a stranger even to himself, that’s going to be easier said than done.
Listed features for the title include:
- Highly Story-Driven: Explore a strange and surreal world as Richard seeks to find his way back to reality.
- Mind-Twisting Puzzles: Manipulate objects to uncover clues and find a way through.
- Definitively Designed for VR: Experience reality and unreality in a truly immersive fashion.
- Immersive Eye Tracking: Chart a trail to the answers you seek via object highlighting and environmental event triggers in non-VR mode at launch with Tobii support also coming for VR.
- Full Controller Support: Tracked controllers, gamepad, and keyboard/mouse are all supported.
Speaking on the reveal, Vice President of 1C Company, Nikolay Baryshnikov, commented: “Players will be able to embark on an amazing and immersive journey in Unknown Fate when it launches next week on Steam for PC with HTC VIve VR support. There was tremendous excitement among players at Gamescom, and we’re thrilled to be adding eye tracking support via Tobii.”
You can check out some additional screenshots released for Unknown Fate below. VRFocus will bring you more news on the project as we get it.