Registration Now Open for Oculus Connect 5, First Talks Revealed
There's an early bird ticket price for the next few weeks.
Oculus tends to be somewhat sporadic at events either not having any presence or installing a massive booth like it had at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in March. One of the main reasons is due to its own event, Oculus Connect, held in either September or October. Oculus Connect 5 will be taking place in the former for 2018, and the company has now opened registrations for those wishing to attend.
The Oculus Connect website is now accepting applications to attend Oculus’ annual developer conference, being held at the McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, California, from 26th – 27th September, 2018. Currently, until 26th August there’s an Early Bird ticket price of $299 USD, from 27th onwards it’ll go up.
Alongside opening ticket applications, Oculus has revealed the first set of panels and talks taking place during the two day event. These are:
- Advances in the Oculus Rift PC SDK
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears: A Tale of VR Esports
- Bootstrapping Social VR
- Building Brand + Community (On a Budget)
- Evolving Stormland: How Insomniac Draws from the Past to Create an Open-World Structure in VR
- Fireside Chat: Tender Claws
- The Hierarchy of Being: Embodying Our Virtual Selves
- How To: Driving Discovery and Engagement Across the Rift Platform
- Integrating Locomotion in Unity, Unreal, and Native Engines
- Need to Know: Oculus Content Policies and App Review Standards
- Oculus Lipsync SDK: Audio to Facial Animation
- On Creative Development for Emerging Platforms
- Porting Your App to Project Santa Cruz
- Preparing Your App for Launch
- Real-World Immersion You Can Hear: Advances in the Audio SDK
- Reinforcing Mobile Performance with RenderDoc
- Using Deep Learning to Create Interactive Actors for VR
- Video That Doesn’t Suck: Stereo(scopic) 3D-180° for VR
Oculus Connect 5 is looking to be the biggest one yet as the company not only looks back at the last five years but into the future five years as well. With Oculus Go launched during the Facebook Developers Conference (F8) in May could OC5 round out the year with a Santa Cruz announcement?
Head on over to the official OC5 website for further panel and ticket details. VRFocus will be at the event to bring you all the latest announcements and updates.