For users of Oculus products like the Oculus Rift, Oculus Go or Samsung Gear VR, the annual Oculus Connect conference is worth keeping an eye on, as much can be learned about what the expect over the following year. Oculus have now unveiled more of what attendees can expect from the event.
Oculus Connect 5 is now less than a month away, and so more details about what sort of talks, roundtables and workshops can be expected are now coming to light, with 13 new sessions now announced.
Covering a range of themes and topics, attendees will be able to look forward to the following sessions:
- Authentically Us: Providing A Platform for Unrepresented Voices in VR – The team behind Authentically Us explores how VR can promote change and social good.
- Breaking The Story: Emergent Narrative from Shared Experiences – An exploration on how to balance storytelling with the VR experience.
- Creative Way to Get More Eyes on Your App – A series of talks looks at the tools and strategies that can drive downloads and build communities.
- Developing Different Genres in VR: Learnings from the Edge of Reality – Some VR projects are easier than others, Martin de Ronde of Force Field will look at different styles, genres and mechanics which can be used in VR.
- The Future of Home for Rift: Developer + Roadmap Updates – A look at the new features which are coming to Oculus Home
- Medium and Quill for Prototyping – A guide on how to approach prototyping VR environments in in Quill and Medium.
- The Next Generation of Storytelling with Immersive 6DOF Capture – Discussing how new technologies allows a new level of immersive storytelling.
- Oculus Avatars: Maximizing Social Presence, Part II – Covering the latest updates of Oculus Avatars and exploring the technology behind the new advancements
- Oculus Go Content Panel: Success for Mass Market VR – Learn how to design, build and promote consumer experienced for Oculus Go
- React 360 + Oculus Browser: Uniting the Web with VR – Learn how to create immersive experience for web, mobile and VR.
- Unlock the Visual Potential of VR Using Unity’s Scriptable Render Pipeline – Discover Unity’s SRP can help developers.
- UX Research in VR – Oculus researchers share how to gather information that can help the development process.
- VR for Everyone: Lessons for Building Compelling Social VR Experiences – A talk on different ways to create social experiences in VR.