The run up to the release of Marvel Powers United VR was a festival of hype, with seemingly not a day passing without word from Sanzaru Games and Oculus Studios to advertise some new feature of the title. The patch notes for the first big patch have now been released, showing what players can expect.
Though Marvel Powers United VR was a big launch, and sported the much-sought-after Marvel license, reception was somewhat lukewarm, with several critics noting its lack of challenge and repetitive gameplay.
According to the freshly created Sanzaru Games Discord server, a whole host of changes, tweaks and bug fixes will be included in the update, some of which might go some way towards fixing some of the issues reported by players and critics.
In addition to the list of changes, Sanzaru Games have confirmed that it is committed to delivering regular content updated for the title, and the studio is promising that ‘bigger improvements’ will be heading to Marvel Powers United VR at a future date.
The full release notes for Marvel Powers United VR are available to view here:
- Fix proper ramping of difficulty (X relays lost = game over).
- Shield Generator health tuning for challenge.
- Re-balance health and damage on heroes for challenge.
- Fix map select visual pop.
- Improve messaging for entering single player.
- Improve messaging for muting players.
- Improve messaging for inviting friends.
- Improve messaging for minority auto ready. Add timer.
- Support for private matches.
- Cut map roulette selection duration in half.
- Remove map select timer for single player.
- Let players move from the start of match. No more standing stuck in place waiting for Scientist Supreme to talk.
- Rocket soldiers should respond immediately & shoot. No more clumsy searching.
- Remove all chatter & other unnecessary soldier anims. They should always be moving to position or shooting.
- Remove all hero grenade timeouts.
- Lineup ultimate decal messaging to fit hazard volume exactly. There’s a small gap.
- Improve rocket soldier object vision/awareness. Many instances shooting objects in pathway of target (Asgard columns & Dark Dimension rock columns).
- Thor & Doctor Strange capes on occasion still obscure player vision.
- Fix Wolverine leap effects staying persistent in Alpha Flight Station from 3P.
- Make charging Captain America’s shield consistent. It’s always broken for first throw.
- Squeezing trigger on Captain America’s returning charged shield offsets the charge effect.
- Rockets impacting targets from a distance don’t explode & hover in place. Quickly enter a relay area from a distance. Observe floating rockets around the relay.
- Fix bug at the beginning of Prologue with Captain America’s shield hovering behind the player. Just suspended there in the air. Grabbing the shield removes the issue.
- Fix bug with grabbing two throwables in Alpha Flight Station & colliding them together, momentarily suspending them.
- Fix bug with the underside of Venom effects on catwalks & bridges. You can see his body pop in. Should behave like the Thanos hand effects.
- Fix bug with the crate button callout. Doesn’t display correctly when feeding Lockjaw.
- Fix bug with the end of match white results screen.
- Fix bug between gameplay & results where there will often be a momentary flash w/ a black cube.
- Fix bug upon returning to Alpha Flight Station as a team. Sometimes portraits won’t display on the team status UI.