End Space to Receive one big ‘Collective Update’ Tomorrow Across all Platforms
End Space to feature cross buy across the Oculus ecosystem as well.
Ever since End Space was originally released 2.5 years ago for Samsung Gear VR by indie developer Orange Bridge Studios, the two man team has managed to expand support to PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, and most recently Oculus Go. This hasn’t been without its problems, with the team finding it can be a difficult process supporting so many platforms. To smooth out and improve the experience for everyone, the team will be releasing one big update addressing issues across all the headsets.
Known as the ‘Collective Update’ this isn’t just a collection of bug fixes and tweaks, as Orange Bridge Studios has improved the visual quality on PC and PlayStation, finessed the sound even further, added better support for HOTAS controllers, and made the AI much more formidable.
VRFocus’ review of the Oculus Rift version of End Space, said: “For what it offers End Space is a nice solid experience. It’s not going to set the VR world on fire as it lacks polish and depth when competing against other Oculus Rift titles. Spend a few bucks on it when it’s in a sale and you’ll own one of the best Gear VR ports to come to Oculus Rift.” With this new update some of those issues maybe addressed, lifting the videogame on the more powerful platforms.
In addition to the content update the team has been working to make the Oculus version even more accessible. With Oculus’ help End Space now features cross buy across the Oculus ecosystem. If you buy End Space on Oculus Go or Gear VR you’ll receive a copy to play on your Oculus Rift and vice versa.
Check out the full list of patch notes for your particular headset below, with the Collective Update going live tomorrow, 2nd August, 2018. For any further updates for End Space, keep reading VRFocus.
End Space 1.0.4 – The Collective Update Patch Notes
Updates (all platforms)
- Update to Unity 2018.1.6
- New Planet shaders
- Added a pointer to the end of motion controllers for easier UI navigation
- Added option to disable controller vibration
- Added armor and shield hit sound effects
- Added a voice prompt when shields are critical
- Ship Upgrades menu now shows actual stats of weapon upgrades
- Added in warp sound effect
- Added smoothing to transitioning between Boosting & Braking while using Gaze for Flight
Updates (Gear VR)
- Added 4 new levels
- Enabled 72hz mode on Oculus Go
- Added option to switch secondary weapon by holding down touchpad on Go / Gear VR controller
- Now using Floating Point Precision to reduce shaking and improve performance the farther the player flies from the middle of the world.
- Gaze to Fly and Gaze to Target now can work together
Updates (Gear VR/Rift)
- Added cross buy! Buy End Space on Oculus Go, and play on Rift or vice versa.
- Update to Oculus SDK 1.27
- Update to PS4 SDK 5.5
- Improved a lot of sound effects
- Looking at the targeting reticle will now also acquire a target lock
- Explosions look better and are more realistic
- Added animated planet textures
- Switched to new native Unity and Rewired support for HOTAS
Balance Changes (all platforms)
- AI controlled ships are much more accurate and dynamic
- Foxhound missile damage increased by 15
- Meteor Missile damage decreased by 25
- TLF and UTC Fighters now have a 90 degree front firing arc
- TLF Bombers now have a 360 firing arc
- UTC Fighter damage increased by 15
- Reduced TLF Fighter Damage for all ship types
Bug Fixes (all platforms)
- Fixed Solo cannon playing the wrong sound effect
- Pulse laser wasn’t doing the correct amount of damage
- Fixed volume of Solo and Plasma cannons
- Improved LOD performance
- Research Station doesn’t move when a section of the station is destroyed
- Fix for Station Rescue not being able to be completed in certain cases
- TLF Cruisers now have the correct HP
- Player could acquire a target lock while dead in some cases
- Star particles were playing when the player was dead and not moving
- Credit count was missing from Ammo Upgrade store
- Fix UI issue where moving your head could select items while using a gamepad to use the UI
- Fixed issue where the Turret could get stuck pointing up
- Fixed AI not being able to target the ship attacking it
- Fix for UTC Fighter not helping in LZ-129
- Bunch of smaller fixes
Bug Fixes (Steam)
- Fixed player not taking damage when using OpenVR with no motion controller connected and only a gamepad connected.
- Fixed not being able to Recenter the headset when in the Main menu
- Reduced Recenter button time
- Fixed Oculus Touch controllers being difficult to use with the UI
Bug Fixes (PS4)
- Fix for Station Rescue bug that could prevent mission completion
- Fix for audio not fading in and out between scenes
- UTC Turrets didn’t have sound effects
- Ship reticles are no longer removed when out of range
- Minefield particles had the wrong color
- Fixed warp in of cargo ship in Lost Cargo
- Fixed a crash bug related to the Save Data API and Unity’s scripting backend
Known Issues (PC)
- Game will not load on some older CPU’s. For a temporary solution see http://endspacevr.com/support