Leading supplier of augmented reality (AR) technologies, products, and smart glasses for consumer and enterprise markets, Vuzix, have announced that they are opening the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses Developer Center for developers. This new, single gateway will enable Vuzix Blade partners and customers to access a diverse set of resources for developing applications for the Blade.
The Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses Developer Center will be the one stop shop for anyone looking to leverage the Blade and create applications. Some of the many resources include sample code for utilizing the various Blade Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) related to the camera, microphone, photos, sensors, gestures and many others. That is only one example though as the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses Developer Center contains much more, allowing developers to create applications in as little as ten minutes .
Some of the other resources and downloads included in the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses Developer Center are:
- Documentation to help developers get to know the Vuzix Blade, providing details information on technical specs, interaction methods and UI design best practices.
- A getting start guide which will help bring developers up to speed and get started with building applications for the Vuzix Blade within Android Studio.
- A number of sample projects, which demonstrate how to get started, design, and build applications. This is also a chance for developers o deep drive into the structure of a more complex project.
- Numerous documentation and code samples for developers to read from.
- Heads Up Display (HUD) Action Menu API and resources, offering extra functionality, improved performance and additional custom features to take full advantage of the Blade platform.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) because no resource center wouldn’t be complete without this.
“Vuzix Blade is unlike any other product ever created by Vuzix in terms of form factor and interest from the developer community. We are providing our partners with a library of information that will help enable them to unbox their Blade and begin developing applications in a matter of minutes,” said Paul Travers, President and Chief Executive Officer at Vuzix. “The development center also allows developers to commence their development projects and experiment with or without a physical Blade unit. The Vuzix Blade Developer Center is setup to cater to developers with varying degrees of experience and provides the developer community with a comprehensive guide to develop applications specifically for Vuzix Blade and enable new customer experiences.”
Back in May Vuzix revealed their first quarter financial results for 2018 and they were very strong. With their sights set on continuing to grow and empower more users the announcement of the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses Developer Center is a welcome move. Developers can register for access today over on the website and for more on Vuzix in the future, keep reading VRFocus.