With a new Jurassic Park movie hitting the cinemas it is, perhaps inevitable that we are getting a number of dinosaur related items for both augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) – and that includes videogames.
One such item to get new dinosaur related content is the rather choc-full of dinosaurs ARK Park, which is getting its Pterosaur Hill DLC this month. The DLC is, says the developer, centred around the idea of flight and is introducing a trio of new maps. Mountain Lake, Crystal Sky Lift, and Aviary. In addition to using land-based vehicles, players will now
get to: float in a hot air balloon overseeing Mountain Lake; ride the Crystal Sky lift, where they can soar through the clouds; and gaze upon the majestic nest of Quetzalcoatlus – the largest prehistoric flying creature – in the Aviary.
ARK Park is available on HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Pterosaur Hill will be free to download for all ARK Park owners. You can now see a trailer for the DLC below along with additional notes on the content.
- Explore a variety of maps without a linear storyline.
- Collect eggs and incubate them to raise your own little dinosaurs.
- Find materials such as Dinosaur DNA and trade them to craft useful items and more powerful weapons.
- Defend the park and its vital technology from rampaging dinosaurs across 6 gorgeous environments.
- Revisit the dinosaurs from the popular title ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Play with voiceovers and subtitles in English, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified).
VRFocus will bring you more news about developments with ARK Park in the near future.