Creators of immersive content who are searching for funding might be interested in the latest call for submissions from the Venice Production Bridge for the fifth edition of the Venice Gap Financing Market.
The Venice Gap-Financing Market is a platform that aims to support European and international producers to help secure funding for projects in areas including VR immersive story projects through meetings with potential investors and other relevant professionals.
The meetings will take place during the Venice International Film Festival, which is set to take place from 29th August to 8th September, 2018. The call is open to European and International projects in the categories of Film, Documentary and VR Immersive Story. Up to fifteen projects will be selected from submissions to the VR Immersive Story category.
The 3-day event will present 48 selected projects, including the VR Immersive story projects. Professional partners will be sent a catalogue of selected projects at the beginning onf Jul 2018 which will allow them to request 30-minute, one-on-one meetings with the creators of selected projects. The Venice Gap-Financing Market will then arrange those meetings in accordance with the availability of the participants.
For those wishing to submit VR Immersive Story Projects, the submission rules are as follows:
- VR Immersive Story Projects can be in different formats: all formats of Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) or 360 Dome projection.
- The VR Immersive Story Projects can be fiction, documentary, series or animation.
- The minimum length must be 10 minutes.
- The projects can be both original concepts and adaptations.
- There is no budget limitation. Each project should be preferably in a development phase but films already partially or totally shot are also acceptable.
- All submitted projects should have secured at least 30% of their budget and must prove that this financing is in place.
Submissions for the VR Immersive Story projects has been extended to 25th May, 2018. Further information is available on the Venice Gap-Financing Market webpage. VRFocus will bring you further information on this initiative as it becomes available.