Developer Overkill Software have released update 175 for PAYDAY 2 and its virtual reality (VR) addition PAYDAY 2 VR, which brings will it a number of changes to improve the experience.
The main thing to note is that Overkill Software have made a change to “how the VR DLC is activated”. From now on the PAYDAY 2 VR DLC will be activated or deactivated automatically depending on if SteamVR is installed or not when running the title. Should you run PAYDAY 2 are not having a VR headset, the title will deactivate the VR side of things meaning the lunch option pop-up will not show until you have SteamVR installed and a VR headset present.
Elsewhere update 175 brings a number of small changes to streamline the experience. Bugs have been fixed throughout including subtitles for VR players, along with some animation and models changes to select weapons. This includes the visual for the Pistol Crossbow in the non-VR version of the title. Bows and crossbows are coming to PAYDAY 2 VR, as mentioned in a recent livestream with the developers, although no word on when this meant happen.
The full patch notes for update 175 can be seen below. Update 175 is 70.2 MB is total size, so a small one for now.
- Fixed a crash when multiple players try to join in on the same player slot in a lobby when the one down modifier is active
- Fixed a visual issue with Jimmy’s hair
- Fixed an issue with the Deagle compensator “La femme” that caused an offset of the effect when firing
- Updated the visuals of the Pistol Crossbow
- Added automatic installation/uninstallation of the PAYDAY 2: VR DLC depending on if SteamVR is installed or not
- Activated the comfort screen toggle for the freefall/parachute state
- Added animations for the commando 101
- Added shell ejection effect for the judge
- A parachute unit will now spawn above the player when entering the parachute state
- Fixed an issue where direct movement would interfere with some menus
- Fixed an issue where using the grip buttons would not back out of the interface menus
- Fixed an issue where the hands would slide away when driving up a hill
- Fixed an animation issue on the Cavity Rifle when interacting
- Potential crash fix for drop-in VR players
- Added speed up button on success screens
- Fixed subtitles for VR players
- Fixed some issues with melee offset for the left hand
- Fixed an issue where you could mark enemies through walls in VR
- Fixed an issue when switching between surveillance cameras
- Removed player character from the safe scene in VR
- Fixed an issue where lasers and flashlights did not sync properly between host and clients
- Fixed an issue where the Safe House Raid wave number would be out of sync from desktop
- Fixed an issue with the Deagle compensator that caused the weapon to not shoot straight
For more on PAYDAY 2 VR in the future, keep reading VRFocus.