The Future of Immersive Leisure (FOIL) conference 2018 is taking place this May and in the build up to the event more of the keynote speakers have been details.
Much like FOIL 2017, VRFocus will be supporting the event once again this year as a media partner and will be bringing you all the latest news and updates from the event. With subjects covering virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR), FOIL 2018 promises to be another exciting conference. Following the announcement of the dates of the conference, more speakers and talks have been revealed along with registration now underway.
Already announced as a speaker for FOIL 2018 is Jesse Schell, CEO of Schell Games having worked on the VR experience I Expect You To Die. Jesse Schell will be joined by Kevin Williams, Founder, KWP Ltd. for a fireside chat about VR and Schell Games. Other speaks that have been announced for the FOIL 2018 conference and their talk subjects include:
- D’nardo Colucci, The Elumenati, a company that focuses on designing and engineering innovative solutions for immersive visualization will be taking part in the panel titled Dome Theaters- the Next Generation’alongside Markus Beyr, CEO and Owner of Attraktion! GmbH and Jenni Ogde, President, Executive Producer, Eye Q Productions.
- Charles Fink, a former Disney, AOL and AG Interactive executive who writes about VR, AR and new media for Forbes will be speaking in a fireside chat with Kevin Williams.
- Wendy Heimann-Nunes, Co-Founder, Nolan Heimann LLP, will be speaking on Surveying the Licensing Landscape for Immersive Location-Based Entertainment to help make sense of the maze that is licensing.
- Simon Chu, CEO of Escape VR and Ali Khan, Founder, Tick Tock Unlock will be speaking on Leveraging Synergies between Escape Games and VR, moderatored by Kevin Williams.
- Jan Goetgeluk, Founder and CEO, Virtuix, will discuss the use of VR and AR within eSports alongside Alex Hertel, CEO and Co-Founder, Xperiel and Dan Jamele, CEO, Mediamation.
These are only a taste of some of the planned keynotes with more to still be announced. You can find the full agenda for the FOIL 2018 conference here.
The FOIL 2018 conference is set to take place on 16th and 17th May, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. Registration is now open and those booking tickets can take advantage of a VRFocus discount code but using VRFOCUS at the checkout to get 15% off the cost of tickets.
For more on FOIL 2018, stay tuned to VRFocus.