VRFocus is Hiring!
Got what it takes to work in the fast-paced world of VR news writing? Apply for VRFocus' latest vacancy.
VRFocus is looking for an experienced News Writer to join our team, working 3 days per week including weekends. This person would have knowledge of content management and delivery in various time zones as well as being knowledgeable of virtual reality (VR) and the demands of an enthusiastic audience.
The News Writer role will be a direct report to the CEO/Editor and should have experience managing a team in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a mix of the below qualifications:
• 2+ years experience in a videogame journalist environment
• Knowledge of both the videogame and VR industries
• Experience of creating high volumes of written content
• Experience of discovery and dissemination of news in a timely fashion
• Well versed in social media (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more)
• Familiarity with SEO best practices
• Ability to prioritise the high number of tasks that will always be on their plate
The position will be predominantly working weekends, so time management skills and the initiative to perform to target whilst working solo is essential.
VRFocus is a remotely operated publication, so applicants from across the globe will be accepted.
To apply for this role e-mail a Covering Letter, CV, work examples and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.