So we’re here, 2018. To be honest this particular edition of Life In 360° is being written on December 29th so I have absolutely no idea as to what might have transpired between December 31st and January 1st. Perhaps the world has been conquered by aliens. Perhaps world peace was declared. Perhaps Garth Brooks was elected as the new Pope. Not a clue. There’s a very good chance most of us here are hungover and wouldn’t have any idea what was going on anyway.
Well, since we can’t exactly prepare in advance for something that hasn’t actually happened yet let’s take a look at the year that was shall we? More specifically let’s do a space time rewind to London and the striking of midnight LAST year and the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.
Whilst there are a number of 360 degree videos of the chimes of Big Ben sounding and the London Eye – that’s the big ferris wheel they put up on the side of the Thames years back now for those not familiar – being lit up with fireworks galore. Feel free to look them up for a view from the crowd. The footage instead comes from Auntie herself, the British Broadcasting Corporation – the BBC. Who very kindly recorded (or at least BBC Taster did) the whole shebang from the sixty second countdown, to the ringing in of the new year and to the final whizzbang.
It’s a musical and visual extravaganza packed full of contemporary pop music and plenty of modern crowd pleasers. The BBC even provided a track list for the mashup/remix which is pretty good of them. Keep an ear out for:
- Prince – 1999
- Prince – Let’s Go Crazy
- Prince – Alphabet St
- Prince – Kiss
- Sigala (feat. John Newman & Nile Rodgers) – Give Me Your Love
- Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
- Buggles – Video Killed The Radio Star
- Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
- Fatman Scoop (feat. DJ Kool) – It Takes Scoop
- Orbital – Chime
- Woodkid – Run Boy Run
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax
- Kungs vs. Cookin’ on 3 Burners – This Girl
- TNGHT – Higher Ground
- M Beat (feat. General Levy) – Incredible
- Fatboy Slim and Riva Starr (feat. Beardyman) – Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat
- Edmundo Ros & His Orchestra – London is the Place for Me
- Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars (Hardwell Remix)
- David Bowie – Fame
- David Bowie – Space Oddity
- David Bowie – Suffragette City
- David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust
- Chromeo – Jealous (Dillon Francis Remix)
- Swedish House Mafia (feat. John Martin) – Don’t You Worry Child
As usual, just because there’s a major holiday going on that doesn’t mean there’s not going to be things happening throughout the day on VRFocus so please do keep a look out for those. Li360 will be back tomorrow for the last video in our slightly later festive timeslot.