Sports fans looking forward towards this years Winter Olympic Games in PyeongChang will be pleased to hear that today sees the launch of a new seven episode series called Trending Gold on the Olympic Channel.
The multi-part series allows fans to experience first-hand the life of an athlete in virtual reality (VR), and it’ll be the Olympic Channel’s first Original Series and content to be filmed entirely in 360-degrees, created exclusively by Jaunt.
Trending Gold features nine athletes and Olympic hopefuls representing six countries across four different sports including snowboard big air, alpine skiing, short track speedskating and bobsleigh. The series allows viewers to see for themselves how these driven athletes train and prepare for the chance to compete at an Olympic Games through immersive storytelling.
“Trending Gold is an innovative new series that uses technologies such as virtual reality and 360-degree video to bring viewers inside the personal worlds of several winter athletes creating an immersive and engaging experience for our fans,” said Mark Parkman, General Manager of the IOC’s global Olympic Channel in a statement. “Finding new ways to connect the stories behind our sports with our audiences through new series like Trending Gold is a key strategy as we continue to evolve the Olympic Channel global platform.”
Trending Gold debuts today Thursday, 4th January on the Olympic Channel global digital platform which is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps as well as the Jaunt mobile app.
Olympic Channel Episode Guide: Trending Gold
- Episode 1 – Trending Gold: Dream Big: Nigeria’s First Ever Women’s Bobsleigh Team
- Travel to Nigeria to meet the support team behind the women’s bobsleigh crew and feel the growing pride from all parts of the country.
- Episode 2 – Trending Gold: Hit for Speed: Nigeria’s Bobsleigh Team Takes the Plunge
- The dream continues for Sheun, Akyoma, and Ngozi as they take advantage of crucial track time in Calgary with the help of their local coach.
- Episode 3 – Trending Gold: Soul Shredding: Elite Snowboarders Jamie Anderson and Max Parrot
- Discover how two world-class snowboarders manage their daily routine away the slopes, finding balance with friends, working out, and yoga.
- Episode 4 – Trending Gold: One Big Air: Jamie Anderson and Max Parrot Push Their Limits
- A new event promises to make headlines in PyeongChang and both world-class snowboarders, Anderson and Parrot, have their sights set on gold.
- Episode 5 – Trending Gold: Downhill to the Top: Ilka Stuhec and Luca Aerni Break Out
- Following breakout seasons, Alpine skiing stars take you to their hometowns in Slovenia and Switzerland and share their training secrets.
- Episode 6 – Trending Gold: Power on Powder: Ilka Stuhec and Luca Aerni Go Full Speed
- Join Ilka and Luca as they meet on slopes in Italy and then experience what it’s like to tackle the mountain as a reigning world champion.
- Episode 7 – Trending Gold: Bring It Home: Ye Jin Kim and Dae Heon Hwang Prep for PyeongChang
- Pressure is high for the Korean short track teammates in the lead up to their country’s first ever Winter Olympic Games. How do they unwind?
As Jaunt continues to develop more immersive content VRFocus will keep you posted.