Lovers of intense gunfights in frozen climates rejoice! Developers of ARKTIKA.1, 4A Games have revealed a new patch for the Oculus Rift and Touch title just in time to meet the coming of the cold and snow in reality.
The patch, ARKTIKA.1‘s third, is available to download now and marks a major update – one which focuses on accessibility with the addition of three new languages. ARKTIKA.1 can now be enjoyed in German, French and Spanish as well as English at the user’s discretion with a number of other fixes and additions, including for the first time cloud saving also added.
Set in the not so distant future, only a hundred years from now, the Earth is once again in the grip of an ice age with only the equatorial regions left remaining habitable to humans. Despite this humanity is still alive and kicking, but only in small groups, scattered around these small regions. Because the envelopes of survival territory are so few they have plenty of resources and are always under threat. In the videogame you take on the role of a mercenary hired by the Citadel Security, tasked with protecting one of the last remaining colonies in what was once Russia.
Influenced by Metro 2033, another 4A Games title, VRFocus found it a very satisfying romp when we reviewed it back in October. “If you let it, ARKTIKA.1 will suck you into one of the best VR titles available for Oculus Rift.” Explains Staff Writer Peter Graham. “It’s gorgeous to look at, no matter which level you’re on. From the abandoned subways to the shopping mall’s high ceilings, there’s not a square inch that’s out of place.”
You can find the patch notes in full below:
- ARKTIKA.1 is now available in German, French, and Spanish.
- ARKTIKA.1 now has a Cloud Save functionality that retains your save files, so you can play from any PC.
- Fixed a bug causing saved progress to persist between different Oculus accounts on the same machine.
- Fixed several known crashes.
- Multiple performance improvements throughout.
- Fixed a few bugs encountered during METRO: Robot Gone Rogue causing yagas to act unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug where objects thrown at the player by the mech in METRO: Robot Gone Rogue and TERMINAL: Robot Redux were not destructible.
- Updated balance for the Punisher against the mech in METRO: Robot Gone Rogue and TERMINAL: Robot Redux.
- Fixed a bug encountered during the mech battles in METRO: Robot Gone Rogue and TERMINAL: Robot Redux causing the mech to become immortal or act unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug causing the drone to infinitely format data in SECRET HQ: Unknown Territory.
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to destroy the Firebird using the Punisher in GALLERIA: Meeting Mr. Mitchell.
- Fixed a bug preventing progression in RAIL DEPOT: The Vault with Punisher equipped.
- Fixed a bug with container locks on RAIL DEPOT: The Vault
- The player can no longer accidentally start levels without their weapons holstered.
- Weapon balance adjusted throughout.
- Weapon damage output post-upgrade has been corrected.
- Attachments have been balanced throughout to work more accurately and provide the player with better precision.
- Several achievements and perks have been balanced.
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to destroy friendly drones with the EM Pulse perk.
- Fixed several bugs involving movement points causing the player to get stuck.
- Fixed several additional minor bugs.
VRFocus will continue to keep you up to date with everything going on with ARKTIKA.1 and other virtual reality (VR) projects of 4A Games going forward.