Unity is one of the most popular engines in use for creating virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) experiences. Unity Technologies will be celebrating the achievements of Unity creators at Unite Austin, where several AR-related events are lined up for attendees.
The event is due to take place at the Austin Convention Centre in Austin, Texas on 3rd-5th October, 2017. The main headliner will be filmmaker Neill Blomkamp, who is best known as the director of sci-fi film District 9.
The launch of Unity 2017.2 will also occur at the event, which will add support for Google ARCore toolset, along with extended support for ARKit, Vuforia and Microsoft Mixed Reality. The 2D Tilemap will also be added, giving creators a new way to create 2D worlds using Unity.
There are more than 70 sessions planned, with features speakers and presentations from Nvidia, Samsung, Sony, Google, Microsoft, Vuforia and more. VR and AR focussed events on the schedule include:
- Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality’ Postmortem: VR Lessons Learned – Owlchemy Labs
- ARCore: Augmented Reality at Android Scale – Google
- Facebook + Unity: Optimized for Growth – Facebook
- Creating Content the VR Way
- Easiest Way To Distribute VR from Unity
- So you think you can Augment Reality?
- Combining Unity and Tango/ARKit
- Next Gen VR Avatar control in Unity
- ARCore: Augmented Reality at Android Scale
- Monetise your AR titles
Further information ad the full schedule of events is available at the official Unite Austin website.
VRFocus will bring you further information on Unite Austin and other VR/AR related events as it becomes available.