Sweden Game Arena is an important resource for independent Swedish-based videogame developers, offering access to office space, funding, equipment and infrastructure. At this years Gamescom event, Sweden Game Area will be offering a showcase of products from 22 indie studios, including several virtual reality (VR) projects.
Sweden Game Arena is mostly focussed on entertainment, but has also provided resources for education, training and simulation. At Gamescom, Sweden Game Arena will be providing a complete overview of the state of Swedish videogame development, as well as tech incubators and software companies.
“We feel very passionately about strengthening game development in Sweden. Our goal is to help indie studios go global, therefore we are excited to provide developers with an opportunity to present their projects at Gamescom as well as facilitate making connections in the industry abroad”, said Laura Bularca, PR & Communication Manager from Sweden Game Arena. “This year our game portfolio consists of a broad spectrum of genres, perfectly representing the trends in Swedish game development today.”
The Sweden Game Arena booth at Gamescom will be offering two demo stations and a VR room, covering a broad range of platforms and genres, including puzzle, strategy, shooters and adventure-exploration titles.
The line up is as follows:
- Pathos Interactive – Bannermen
- Stenkross – Down To Dungeon
- Winteractive – When You’re Gone
- Kirikoro – 0 – 100
- SkyGoblin – The Journey Down (three chapters)
- Itatake – PUKK
- Flamebait Games – Passpartout: The Starving Artist
- Jovian Industries – Heart. Papers. Border.
- LandFall Games – Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- Palindrome Interactive – New IP
- Tarhead Studio – New IP
- DeadToast Entertainment – My Friend Pedro: Blood Bullets Bananas
- Divine Robot – Aimpoint VR hunting simulator
- Pixel Shade – Unsung
- Forgotten Key – AER Memories of Old
- Frogsong Studios – Spellsworn
- Ludosity – Card City Nights 2
- Coffee Stain Publishing – Deep Rock Galactic (by Ghost Ship Games)
- Coffee Stain Publishing – Huntdown (by Easy Trigger Games)
VRFocus will continue to bring you news from Gamescom.