Google Daydream may not be the most talked about – or developer supported for that matter – head-mounted display (HMD) but that doesn’t mean the company has given up. In fact just the opposite as Google has recently launched a free headset promotion alongside purchases of Pixel, and widened support by finally bringing Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ out. Now for those customers who do own the HMD there’s a summer sale on a range of videogames.
Don’t expect the sale to be in the same league as Oculus Home or Steam however, with masses of titles all seeing a price chop. Instead Google has selected a choice of nine for those wishing to expand their content libraries.
- Alone Together – £4.59/$4.99 (50% off)
- Lola and the Giant – £3.99/$4.99 (50% off)
- Mekorama VR – £1.99/$1.99 (60% off)
- Claro – £1.99/$1.99 (60% off)
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes – £4.99/$4.99 (50% off)
- Battle Planet – £4.49/$5.99 (50% off)
- Wands – £2.79/$2.99 (50% off)
- Toy Clash – £1.79/$1.99 (60% off)
- SculptrVR – £1.79/$1.99 (60% off)
Google isn’t just focused on Daydream for its virtual reality (VR) aspirations. As you’re probably aware during the Google I/O conference a few months ago the company announced plans for a standalone headset that would use the Daydream platform and be built by HTC and Lenovo. That’s due to launch later this year, at present however, details on its final design and specifications have yet to be announced.
When they are, VRFocus will bring you all the announcements.