Taqtile Are Creating New HoloMaps for the HoloLens
New customers for updated version of Taqtile's HoloMaps Enterprise.
The idea of the connected city is an ambition of many futurists. The ability to analyse real-time data from maps and satellites to route traffic around accidents or plan new areas for repair and development. Taqtile, a provider of mixed reality business software solutions are trying to make that dream a reality with a new version of HoloMaps Enterprise.
HoloMaps Enterprise is the first 3D mapping tool built exclusively for the Microsoft HoloLens and includes features such as data integration and shared experience options, allowing for 3D visualisation of geographical data. Taqtile have recently announced that L.E.K Consulting and Utilidata are two of its newest customers for the product.
“We are excited to be building on the momentum HoloMaps Enterprise has generated with customers such as PGA Tour and the Cleveland Cavaliers,” said Taqtile co-founder Dirck Schou. “With this release, we’ve been able to address one of the key product requests since HoloMaps launched – powerful tailoring tools which enable our customers to generate custom data visualizations over a variety of map sources and types.”
The new version of HoloMaps Enterprise includes the following features:
- In addition to the 3D cities and landmarks provided by Bing 3D, users can now view 3D terrain in any location across the world.
- Five map sources, including Bing 3D, Virtual Earth, ESRI ArcGIS, MapBox Classic, and Thunderforest.
- Supports over 30 map types featuring roads, national parks, trails, bike routes and more.
- Map displays are customizable; options include map colour, tint, and vertical scale for 3D geometry.
- Collaboration enabled: Two or more co-located, or remote participants can join a shared session, seeing the same maps and data simultaneously.
- Leave notes at key points of interest and draw 3D ink to highlight areas and objects
- View connected data services for current weather & forecast, live traffic, and geo-tagged Tweets
- Create, save, and view custom data layer overlays
Further information can be found at the Taqtile website.
VRFocus will bring you further information on HoloMaps and the HoloLens as it becomes available.