VRFocus has already covered various virtual reality (VR) accessories you may want to own to make your life easier by Nyko Technologies, such as the Charge Block and Charge Link for the PlayStation VR controllers or the VR Anti-Nausea Wristband. Chris Arbogast, Director of Sales and Marketing for Nyko Technologies showcased the company’s latest range of third party accessories at last month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). In this video Arbogast shows off the PlayPad VR, a wireless Bluetooth controller. Retailing at $49.99 USD it’s set to be released this Fall in the US and will be released internationally at a later date. Any videogames on Gear VR that have controller support will be compatible.
Here are some key features:
- Slider pads and buttons on the back for clickable sticks enable console controller precision
- Bluetooth protocol for wireless connectivity to any Samsung phone
- Built for the latest Android HID controller protocol – no button mapping required
- Easily clips onto the front of the Gear VR with Controller to replace the normal cover for convenient storage
- Compatible with previous versions of Gear VR
- Slim form factor for easy portability
- Charges via a USB Type-C cable
- 25- 30 hours on a single charge with a built in rechargeable battery pack.
Checkout VRFocus’ interview with Arbogast to find out more on the PlayPad VR.