At the end of this week VRUK, a London-based virtual reality (VR) festival focused on bringing together technologists, artists and content creators, will open its doors for two days of talks featuring some of the biggest names in the industry. The full line-up of speakers has been confirmed with companies like REWIND, Google, Jaunt and the BBC all in attendance.
Alongside the usual keynote speeches and roundtable discussions, there will be workshops encompassing the latest hot topics, an Exploration Zone so that visitors can demo the latest VR equipment and experience new filmmaking and videogame projects and Research Sessions, which focus on cutting-edge and experimental applications of VR.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Kim-Leigh Pontin – Creative interaction director, Sky VR Studios – “Interactive Narrative Experiences: VR Learning”
- Dean Johnson – Head of Innovation, Brandwidth – “Immersive Technologies and the Future of Advertising – Panel Discussion”
- Greg Ivanov – Business Developer, Google – “VR at Google: What We’ve Built, What We’ve Learnt and Where We’re Headed”
- Solomon Rogers – Founder/MD REWIND (FX) – “Creating ‘Flight Deck’ The World’s First Mixed Reality Motorsport Companion for Red Bull”
- Dave Bomphrey, Director of Strategic Partnerships EMEA, Jaunt VR – “The State of Storytelling in VR”
- Will Saunders Creative Director BBC & DCMS – “VR: Show Me The Money – Panel Discussion”
VRUK will be held on 6th – 7th July 2017, at Ravensbourne in the Greenwich Peninsula, London. Early bird tickets are still available, starting at £33 GBP (excluding fees and VAT) if you’re freelance, whilst industry professionals will need to pay £99 (excluding fees and VAT).
As ever, keep reading VRFocus for all the latest updates relating to VRUK.