Arizona Sunshine Update for PlayStation VR Adds Improved Aim Controller Support
A chaperone system has now been added.
Last month Vertigo Games and Jaywalkers Interactive launched their acclaimed zombie shooter Arizona Sunshine for PlayStation VR, having previously released on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. This week the developers have launched a new update for the PlayStation VR version, 1.02, bringing with it improvements for the Aim controller, Move controllers and more.
PlayStation VR players will find a new chaperone system that aims to prevent ‘floating’ due to lost tracking, while the Aim controller addition improves aiming down the sights. Adding to the controller options, the Move controllers now have a run option plus there are additional control scheme options for players that want to customise their playstyle.
Elsewhere, the co-op multiplayer now supports two-handed mode and levels unlocked in the mode are now open in the standard campaign.
As ever keep reading VRFocus for any further Arizona Sunshine updates.
PlayStation VR changelog for 1.02 release:
- Added a chaperone system
- Added gun sights for aim assist, this can be disabled in the settings
- The two-handed weapons campaign can now be played in co-op mode
- The horde mode can now be played with two-handed weapons
- Zombie kill trophies are now unlockable with combined kills from multiplayer
- Levels unlocked in the two-handed weapons mode are now also unlocked for the normal campaign
- A setting has been added for the rotation speed
- A setting has been added to disable the 180 flip on certain controls
- A setting has been added for adjusting the grenade belt height
- Multiple gameplay tips have been added to the loading screen
- Fixed some locomotion collisions
- Added ‘run’ locomotion speed to Move controllers
- Minor gameplay fixes