Nyko Technologies have announced that the company is now an officially licensed partner of Samsung, and that it will be releasing its first product, a wireless game controller for the Samsung Gear VR, the PlayPad VR.
The PlayPad VR will be available later this year with a retail price of $49.99 and will be demonstrated at E3, where key features will be available for attendees to examine during hands-on demonstrations at the Nyko Technology booth.
“PlayPad VR for Gear VR with Controller is built from our experience creating multiple generations of wireless gaming controllers for Android,” said Chris Arbogast, Director of Sales and Marketing at Nyko. “As an officially licensed partner to Samsung, we’re able to combine our expertise with their deep understanding of the Gear VR with Controller’s design and gameplay experience to offer all the benefits of a console controller. We look forward to supporting Gear VR with Controller’s continued momentum and market success worldwide.”
Key features for the Nyko PlayPad VR are:
- Slider pads and buttons on the back for clickable sticks enable console controller precision
- Bluetooth protocol for wireless connectivity to any Samsung phone
- Built for the latest Android HID controller protocol – no button mapping required
- Easily clips onto the front of the Gear VR with Controller to replace the normal cover for convenient storage
- Compatible with previous versions of Gear VR
- Slim form factor for easy portability
- Charges via a USB Type-C cable
VRFocus will bring you further information on the Nyko PlayPad VR as it becomes available.