Owlchemy Labs Release First Patch for Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
No new features just lots of little improvements.
When Owlchemy Labs and Adult Swim Games released Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality last month its fair to say quite a few virtual reality (VR) gamers were looking forward to its arrival. And while hype doesn’t always help the launch of a videogame the title didn’t disappoint, receiving praise from media outlets – checkout VRFocus‘ 5-star review. But that’s not to say the experience is perfect, so now Owlchemy has released the first patch addressing some issues.
This isn’t an update where a studio adds new features or content, this is all about ironing out those little inconsistencies to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
So issues where players would get stuck on a black screen, die too early in the shootout and be blocked or put on the Troy helmet while going into the microverse causing Troy to become inaccessible have now been resolved.
Checkout the entire list below to see if a bug you’ve experienced has now been rectified. And for any further updates on Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, keep reading VRFocus.
Full Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality changelog for Patch #1:
- Player will no longer get stuck in black screen if they teleport before fade finishes.
- Fixed an issue where player would get stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where players could die too early in the shootout and be blocked.
- Fixed an issue where players could put on the Troy helmet while going into the microverse causing Troy to become inaccessible.
- The flying disc now hovers on the combinator without exiting the combinator trigger.
- Fixed an issue where the player could throw giant laxative at Mama Buttmouth too soon after feeding her giant food, preventing her dangly bit from emerging.
- It is no longer possible for the player to kill themselves after the grow ray makes them huge.
- Pulling the exit handle twice inside the microverse no longer causes the player to be stuck in the microverse the next time they enter it.
- Players can no longer shove their face through the fridge to eat food. Sorry everyone.
- Lil’Buttmouth no longer gets stuck if you lock it in the fridge as Rick enters the room.
- Lil’Buttmouth can now eat energy bars.
- Fuses in the satellite no longer stop respawning when the player is crossing a portal while taking a fuse.
- Fixed an issue where the Exit Burrito (Tasty Chunk) can be missing from window.
- Fixed an issue where the achievement under the bus was unlocked automatically.
- Fixed an issue where objects could get permanently lost if passed through a portal using a Youseeks.
- Moved space shootout gun spawn location in free-play within player’s tracked space in medium and small layouts.
- Fixed an issue where combining the Rick Killing Gun caused issues with the handle
- Players can no longer pull microverse batteries from locked tubes.
- Combinator pads now light up for head and hands.
- Improved Troy Prize machine item randomization.
- Fixed an issue where combining cups with a Mega Seed caused the liquid surface mesh to deform.
- Updated specs for performance optimization based on manufacturer guidelines.
- Fixed a typo in the credits.
- Changed default spectator camera view in the garage to show the entire garage.
- The additional hatch puzzles now support more alternative solutions.
- Fixed a z-fighting issue with the high score text on the microverse battery.
- Fixed an issue where throwing the Rick Killing Gun down the hatch allows the player to keep it after Rick kills them.
- The razor no longer constantly pops out skin bits.
- Added numbers to tapes that count towards “Emperor of Soundwaves” achievement and updated the achievement text.
- Fixed animation hitches across the game.
- Fixed an issue where Lil’Buttmouth fetching food caused the AI to fall into an unknown state.
- Fixed an issue where Lil’Buttmouth fetching an item on the combinator would cause it to have “floaty” physics.
- Hammer no longer recycles after computer repair task.
- Rick and Morty react properly to if player has Rick Killing Gun in hands.
- Combinating object to create a vibrating object and picking it up no longer causes the user’s controller to continue vibrating until they leave the game
- Changed the color of the largest battery for clarity
- Rick Killing gun parts now stay in same space when dropped by Rick