The widespread possibilities of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality’s (AR) technological reach means that every industry has been examining its possible use cases. Next week The Magid VR/AR Insights Consortium, a consumer focused research group formed by Frank N. Magid Associates will be holding an invitation only workshop assessing what these emerging technologies mean for the marketing, retail, entertainment and commerce sectors.
Taking place on Wednesday, 10th May, the event will be attended by A+E Networks, MasterCard, Turner, Warner Bros, Best Buy and the VR Society, the event will include a mixture of presentations and workshops that’ll showcase research compiled by the consortium.
Panels focused on the AR market include:
- Beau Lotto, Neuroscientist, Founder and CEO, Ripple & Lab of Misfits – Human perception and the impact of AR and VR.
- Ariff Quli, Chief Commercial Officer, Blippar – Enhancing brand communications through AR and Blippar applications.
- Speaker TBD, Shazam – How Shazam is using AR to bring marketing to life.
- Panel Discussion: Perspectives on the future of AR, challenges and opportunities, considerations for media companies and brands.
While for the VR market:
- Julina Tatlock, Co-Founder & Director, 30 Ninjas – The development of Imagine, the first of its kind scripted 360-degree
- Panel Discussion – The drivers of success and momentum of VR – what are key market indicators that will impact the pace of change?
According to the consortium’s research, 44 million consumers are already “in the market” for VR. The workshop aims to help professionals looking to break into this growing industry by providing useful insights.
VRFocus will continue to cover all aspects of the VR and AR markets, reporting back with the latest announcements.