A couple of weeks ago VRFocus reported on Croteam announcing its latest update for virtual reality (VR) title Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope, titled Voltos. Today that update has gone live and the studio’s released further details on what content is available.
For the update players find themselves on the planet Voltos, featuring four different locations: The Swamp, Ancient Breeze, The Old Forest and Green Dream. Here they’ll find six new enemy types: Kalopsy, Siren, Swamp Monster, Air Trooper, Technopolyp and Air Sniper Trooper. as well as the new Swamp Hive boss.
But they’re not going in empty handed, three new weapons are available including a bow with piercing/explosive arrows and the deadly Devastator.
Alongside these main additions Croteam has tweaked the gameplay and made several fixes to improve the overall experience.
This month also saw the release of Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter and Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter, adding more ways for Serious Sam fans to enjoy the carnage of the series in VR.
Checkout the new trailer and the full update list below. For further announcements from Croteam, keep reading VRFocus.
Full changelog list:
– New planet, Valtos, with four different locations and five difficulty settings!
– Three new weapons!
– Six new enemies!
– New boss!
– Sword now features energy that auto regenerates with time.
– Vastly improved precision for the default sword projectile casting mode A. Removed redundant sword firing modes B and D. Kept C (original mode shaanti released with), but renamed the option to “Alternate sword shockwave firing mode”.
– Improved shield energy display.
– Ability to reset current progress.
– Made Shaanti 1 and 2 normal difficulty a bit easier.
– Added ability to “Undo buying” in the store.
– Lots of stability fixes and optimizations, as usual.