Razer Blade Pro featuring NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Arriving Next Month for $4,000
High-end mobile VR doesn't come cheap.
Last October VRFocus reported on Razer announcing the launch of its premium laptop range, the Razer Blade. The company also released spec details for its top-of-the-range model, the Razer Blade Pro, but didn’t state prices or availability. Today Razer has done just that.
Being the top flight model the Razer Blade Pro packs a punch with a Intel Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU making it completely ready for virtual reality (VR) head-mounted displays (HMDs).
The laptop has also qualified for THX Mobile Certification, covering the display and audio output. This means the audio jack met THX requirements for voltage output, frequency response, distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and crosstalk that guarantees clear sound through headphones.
“The Razer Blade Pro is a top-level laptop providing an excellent THX viewing mode and audio experience,” says Ty Ahmad-Taylor, CEO of THX. “It can easily handle extreme gaming and content creation with exceptional mobile audio and visual performance.”
“The Blade Pro was recently hailed as the ultimate Windows laptop, and we’ve leveled-up on our previous achievements with certification by THX,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer CEO and co-founder. “Each refinement of the Razer Blade Pro moves us closer to an ultimate desktop replacement.”
To buy all this tech won’t come cheap, it’ll set you back $3,999.99 USD / $5799.99 CAD / £3,799.99 GBP/ €4,499.99 EUR. If you’re still interested the Razer Blade Pro will be available from April 2017 via Razerzone.com and select retailers.
VRFocus will continue its coverage of Razer, reporting back with the latest VR related announcements.
Full Specification List:
- THX® Certified Mobile Device
- Intel® Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor (2.9 GHz / 3.9 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- 17.3-in. IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro:
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Killer™ E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo audio port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.69 lbs. / 3.49 kg