California based development studio MyDream Interactive have announced that they are launching a new virtual reality (VR) product, a VR Toolbox that allows the user to bring gaming, social media and video into a single VR space.
The toolbox uses the hand controllers to control what MyDream describe as a ‘360 VR desktop and Room Simulator’. The product offers the following features:
- Create massive screens to play, entertain and operate a VR Desktop with native Twitch and 360 Youtube.
- Create and personalize the VR space with built-in props and rooms, drag-and-drop functionality, and personal images to easily decorate the environment.
- Play local files or YouTube360 in 4K with one click to experience 360-degree video
- Engage Focus Mode to boost immersion and readability, easily switching between screens.
- Blended Reality offers seamless real-world observation in the VR experiences (Vive only). Additional webcam screens provide area awareness.
- Use VR Toolbox to play most legacy FPS videogames
The VR Toolbox is currently available on Steam for $13.99 (USD). A free, watermarked version is set to become available from March 3rd.
MyDream Interactive are demonstrating their product at GDC this week, in booth PL4332 Moscone Centre, North Hall.
VRFocus will continue to bring you news from GDC as it develops.