August 2016 saw HTC Vive launch submissions for the first Viveport Developer Awards, highlighting some of the best virtual reality (VR) experiences available on the platform. Today the company has announced the winners, spaced across four categories.
The VR titles were listed under Explore, Create, Connect and Experience, with 1st place awarded $50,000 USD plus a HTC Vive, 2nd place got $30,000 and a Vive, 3rd place was $15,000 with a Vive, while each of the two runners up got Vive’s. A separate Community Choice Award netted the winner $10,000.
Time for the actual winners:
- 1st place: Apollo 11 VR, by Immersive VR Education Ltd.
- 2nd place: Realities, by Realities.io
- 3rd place: The Body VR, by The Body VR
- Runners-up: A Chair in a Room: Greenwater (Wolf & Wood Interactive) Mars Odyssey (Steel Wool Studios)
- 1st place: Fantastic Contraption, by Northway Games
- 2nd place: Soundstage, by Hard Light Labs
- 3rd place: Paintlab, by LAB4242
- Runners-up: Kodon (TenkLabs), Arcade Artist (Groove Jones)
- 1st place: Cloudlands: VR Minigolf, by Futuretown
- 2nd place: AltspaceVR, by AltSpaceVR
- 3rd place: Engage, by Immersive VR Education Ltd.
- Runners-up: World of Diving (Vertigo Games), SurrealVR (SurrealVR)
- 1st place: Allumette, by Penrose Studios
- 2nd place: Pearl, by Google Spotlight Stories
- 3rd place: Firebird – La Péri, by InnerspaceVR
- Runners-up: TheBlu (Wevr), The Night Café: A VR Tribute to Van Gogh (Borrowed Light Studios)
Community Choice Award
- A Chair in a Room: Greenwater, by Wolf & Wood Interactive Ltd.
For all the latest HTC Vive news, keep reading VRFocus.