This week the Christmas sales for virtual reality (VR) software have kicked in hard, with all the major online stores offering a variety of discounts. The latest to be announced comes from PlayStation.Store, revealing lots of offers on PlayStation 4 software and there’s a few PlayStation VR titles thrown in as well.
Due to the head-mounted display (HMD) only launching in October, this is the first time PlayStation VR users will have seen any major discounts leveraged on the PlayStation.Store – excluding PS Plus members discounts. 13 full VR titles are available in the sale, with Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also included as it does have a VR section. All the following prices are valid from today until 6th January 2017, 23:59 GMT.
The PlayStation VR January Sale discounts are:
- PlayStation VR Worlds – £24.99 (was £29.99 GBP)
- EVE: Valkyrie (plus Founder’s Pack) – £34.99 (was £54.99)
- DRIVECLUB VR – £15.99 (was £29.99)
- Thumper – £12.99 (was £15.99)
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League – £34.99 (was £49.99)
- Sports Bar VR – £9.99 (was £14.99)
- Headmaster – £9.99 (was £15.99)
- Battlezone – £34.99 (was £49.99)
- Gunjack – £3.99 (was £7.99)
- The Assembly – £14.99 (was £19.99)
- Harmonix Music VR – £9.49 (was £11.99)
- 100ft Robot Golf – £11.49 (was £15.99)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X – £24.99 (was £36.99)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PS VR support for Blood Ties) – £21.99 (was £44.99)
While its certainly a reasonable list of titles for PlayStation VR owners, it does slightly pale in comparison to the Oculus Store and Steam sales currently in progress, both at 100 and 400+ titles respectively, although there will be some crossover of titles between the two platforms.
For all the latest VR offers and discounts, keep reading VRFocus.