For VR enthusiasts – especially Oculus Rift owners – the news today has all been about the launch of Oculus Touch. Those that have pre-ordered the new motion controllers may have already started to received their orders, or will do over the next week or so, and will be lining up titles to download straight away. Oculus has ensured several free experiences are available on day one, with videogames such as Dead and Buried, Quill (Beta) and Medium, along with Epic Games’ announcement of Bullet Train, and pre-order bonuses The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge. That’s not all as NVIDIA has released VR Funhouse for free as well.
The videogame originally launched for HTC Vive back in July, and in October NVIDIA confirmed support for Oculus Touch. Along with releasing VR Funhouse, the company also revealed new Game Ready Drivers for Oculus Touch and Oculus Touch launch titles.
NVIDIA VR Funhouse immerses gamers in a virtual carnival full games to try their hand at, with 9 unique mini-games:
- Clown Painter: Splatter clowns with squirt guns filled with green goo.
- Fire Archer: Break out a bow and fiery arrows to set targets ablaze.
- Whack-A-Mole: Smash those pesky moles with your favorite mallet.
- Balloon Knight: Fill the carnival with confetti as you pop colorful balloons with swords.
- Mole Boxing: Take a swing at the zany, smiley moles and knock them silly.
- Shooting Gallery: Test your skill shooting all sorts of targets with a pair of pistols.
- Cannon Skeet: Take aim at targets being shot out of a moving cannon, and fire away.
- Wall Walker Toss: Perfect your aim by flinging delightful Wall Walkers at a massive target.
- Hot Shot Basketball: Shoot some hoops and make it rain baskets to get the high score!
As with any virtual reality (VR) title players will need a compatible graphics card, but some may not be a suitable as others for VR Funhouse. On its Steam page NVIDIA recommends the following cards at various graphics settings:
Low Graphics Setting
- GeForce GTX 1070
- GeForce GTX 1060
- GeForce GTX 980Ti
Medium Graphics Setting
- GeForce GTX 1080
High Graphics Setting
- GeForce GTX 1080 or greater*
- GeForce GTX 980Ti in SLI or greater*
- *Dedicated PhysX card: GTX 980Ti or greater
Some users using the older GeForce GTX 970 cards – recommended as the minimum by Oculus – may have difficulty running VR Funhouse properly.
For all the latest NVIDIA VR news, keep reading VRFocus.