Developer Starloop Studios and publisher Game Troopers launched their virtual reality (VR) early access title Overkill VR last week for HTC Vive. The videogame has received a ‘mostly positive’ response from Steam users, and to improve upon this the team has released a new update, which includes fixes as well as support for Oculus Touch.
With Oculus Touch nearing its launch date there’s going to be plenty of titles available for it on day one, and Overkill VR has now been added to that list. This adds to the burgeoning lineup that’s been confirmed this week including PlaySide VR’s Zombie Riot, Fierce Kaiju’s Viral EX, I-Illusions’ Space Pirate Trainer and HandMade Game’s CRANGA!: Harbour Frenzy.
Also included in the v1.04 update is the ability for users to create their own mixed reality (MR) videos – quite popular with VR developers showcasing their projects. Starloop Studios states this can be achieved by: “adding an external camera config file close to the game exe’s file.”
The developer has revealed to VRFocus that it plans to release a major update next week, which is set to include user requested features such as manual reload, grenades, rocket launcher, nine new levels and more.
Checkout the full list of improvements in this current update, and keep reading VRFocus for all the latest announcements.
Update v1.04 Changelog
– Mixed reality videos are now possible by adding an external camera config file close to the game exe’s file. Feel free to make cool videos!
– Oculus touch is now officially supported. Warmap can be scrolled with the right analog correctly now.
– Increased difficulty for some East Slums levels. You will be flanked more frequently, so be careful!
– Increased fire rate for MK23 pistol a bit.
– Fixed MK23’s reflex not working
– Fixed a weird case where you could get stuck after a loading screen
– Fixed a bug where main menu was not being shown after going back from a mission.
– Improved first cover on East Slums 5, as it was a bit too high