Today’s the day, Google finally launches its next virtual reality (VR) headset into the world, Daydream View. In a section of the VR market dominated by Samsung Gear VR for the last year, Daydream View is the first serious competition. Daydream View currently only works with Google’s latest smartphone Pixel, and if you’ve already got yours then you’ll be wanting to fill it with content, and for UK customers at least there’s 12 videogames to choose from at present.
The titles range from being completely free up to a maximum of £10 GBP, they are:
- Wonder Glade – Free (in-app purchases) – Resolution Studios
- Hunters Gate – £4.99 – Climax Studios
- Mekorama – £3.79 – Martin Magni
- Claro – £4.89 – Super Bright
- EarthShape – £4.79 – Bithell
- Polyrunner VR – Free – LucidSight
- VR Karts Sprint – Free – Viewpoint Games
- Danger Goat – £4.99 – nDreams
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes – £9.99 – Steelcrate Games
- Twilight Pioneers – Free – Netease
- Daydream Blue – £4.79 – RalphVR
- Action Bowling – £3.19 – Tribal City
While this list may seem short do bear in mind however that the Daydream service has just launched and some titles will take longer to arrive. Below is a list of all the other videogames expected to arrive today.
- Archer E Bowman – VoidAlpha
- Arcslinger – Big Red Button
- Baskhead – VRLines
- Classroom Aquatic – Sunken Places
- Evil Robot Traffic Jam – Element Games
- Frostbound – Schell Games
- Gunjack 2: End of Shift – CCP Games
- Home Run Derby – MLB
- Layers of Fear – Aspyr
- Moatboat – Moatboat
- Need for Speed: No Limits VR – EA
- Sisters – Otherworld
- Untethered – Numinous
- Wands – Nux Studios
VRFocus will continue its coverage of Daydream View, reporting back with any further updates.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.