Last month Valve held its Steam Dev Days conference, aimed at developers worldwide who publish titles on the platform. The event saw Epic Games’ CEO and Founder Tim Sweeney give a keynote address and Valve showcasing prototype controllers for virtual reality (VR). The two day conference featured a variety of sessions covering VR, videogame development, server hosting and much more. Now all the videos from the talks have been released.
None of the talks were live-streamed so this is the first time the entire event will be viewable by the public.
- There’s loads of VR specific sessions to watch including:
- Philosophy of VR – Presented by Joe Ludwig from Valve
- The Future of VR and Games – Presented by Tim Sweeney
- SteamVR Hardware – Presented by Ben Jackson from Valve
- Unity Development for VR Presented by Corey Johnson from Unity Technologies –
- VR Developer Panel – Panelists: Brandon Laatsch from Stress Level Zero, Sarah Northway from Northway Games, Dylan Fitterer from Audiosurf, and Dirk Van Welden from I-Illusions.Moderated by Chet Faliszek from Valve
- UE4 Development + Shipping an UE4 VR Game – Presented by Wes Bunn from Epic, Steve Bowler and Jeremy Chapman from CloudGate
There are 25 videos in total averaging around an hour each. VRFocus will continue its coverage of Steam and Valve, reporting back with any new updates.