When the PlayStation VR launched a couple of weeks ago one title that had garnered a lot of press was Rebellion’s Battlezone. The title is a remake of an early 80’s classic of the same name, brought into the 21st century for virtual reality (VR). Today the studio has announced a new patch for the title, which among bringing several tweaks also adds PlayStation 4 Pro support.
The PlayStation 4 Pro is the souped up version Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced at the PlayStation Meeting in September. It’s been designed to focus on delivering 4K and HDR content, through doubling the power of the GPU and boosting the CPU clock rate, but that also means improved visuals for VR titles.
In a statement the studio said: “Rebellion is thrilled to reveal that Battlezone supports PS4 Pro, offering a crisper, more vibrant experience, making piloting the galaxy’s most powerful tank feel even more real.”
The patch also features several improvements to the base game, including a number of balancing changes, particularly across the ‘Easy’ difficulty setting, as well as minor performance and bug fixes.
PlayStation 4 Pro launches on 10th November for $399 USD/£349 GBP. The full list of patch notes are below, and keep reading VRFocus for all the latest news on Battlezone.
Battlezone 1.02 Patch Notes:
Added PS4 Pro support
– Increased super-sampling resolution
– Improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit
– Increased reflective lighting resolution
– Defend and Convoy missions are more balanced
– Difficulty randomization more even throughout campaign
– Enemy rank scaling more balanced throughout campaign
Bug, performance fixes and other changes
– Improved clarity of particle effects
– Fixed a rare framerate hitch during hangar sequence
– Fixed rare physics issue that caused players to leave game world
– Minor enemy behaviour tweaks