Develop:VR the first virtual reality (VR) focused show from Develop:Brighton organisers Tandem Events, will be taking place on 24th November 2016. VRFocus has reported on the various speakers that have been confirmed up to now and today the full conference program has now been announced.
The one day event in London is set to feature a wide range of topics related to VR and augmented reality (AR).
The Conference Programme is as follows:
- 09:30 – 10:15 Opening Keynote, Dean Johnson Head of Innovation – Brandwidth
- 10:30 – 11:15 Putting the Reality into Virtual Reality, David Herman Managing Director – Metapixel Studios
- 10:30 – 11:15 Social Interaction, Emotion and Body Language in VR: Lessons Learnt from 15 Years of Research, Marco Gillies, Lecturer in Computing – Goldsmiths, University of London; Xueni Pan, Lecturer in Computing – Goldsmiths, University of London; Dr Harry Brenton, Director – BespokeVR
- 10:30 – 11:15 Trends in VR Game Development, Aki Järvinen Founder – Game Futures
- 11:30 – 12:15 Emotional Storytelling in Virtual Reality, Steve Jelley Joint Managing Director – Hammerhead VR; Becky Power Creative Director – Mindshare
- 11:30 – 12:15 Techniques Being Used to Market VR Products and Experiences (The good, the bad and the ugly), Bertie Millis MD and Co-founder – Virtual Umbrella
- 12:30 – 13:15 The Future for Narrative, Tanya Laird Founder – Digital Jam
- 12:30 – 13:15 VR Analytics: Is Gaze Tracking Enough?, Dr Charles Nduka Co-founder – Emteq
- 12:30 – 13:15 VR in Healthcare – Opportunities and Impact, Kumar Jacob MBECEO – Mindwave Ventures
- 14:00 – 14:45 Pokemon Go 2.0, Edward Miller Interactive Imagery Specialist
- 14:00 – 14:45 The Future of Fornication: How VR & the Growing Sextech Industry Will Redefine Pleasure, Stephanie Alys Co-founder and Chief Pleasure Officer -Mystery Vibe
- 15:00 – 15:45 VR for Everyone: Lessons from Monument Valley in the Success of Land’s End, Peter Pashley Head of Development – Ustwo Games
- 15:00 – 15:45 VR Production: From Story-telling to Story-living, Solomon Rogers Founder – REWIND
- 15:00 – 15:45 What is Being Done with VR in Industrial Training?, Keith Russell Consultant – Broadford Consulting
- 16:00 – 16:45 Immersion Doesn’t Have to Mean Isolation, Ed Daly Managing Director – seeper
- 16:00 – 16:45 Techniques for Comfortable Movement in VR, Luke Thompson Co-Founder – Sigtrap Games
- 17:00 – 17:45 The Future of Stories in Virtual Reality, Pete Short CTO – Breaking Forth
- 17:00 – 17:45 Trying To Connect, Daniel Efergan Aardman Animations
Develop:VR will be held on 24th November 2016 at The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London. Passes for the event are still available at the Early Bird rate of £245 GBP plus VAT until 15th, October 2016, and VRFocus readers can also get a further 10 percent discount by entering code: DEVR16VF at the checkout.
For all the latest announcements on Develop:VR, keep reading VRFocus.