Earlier today it was announced that the Oculus Rift will be available in selected retail locations across the UK, as well as Europe and Canada, from the 20th September. GAME has now revealed where the demos will take place for its stores, which will take place next month.
As you can imagine, most of the demos will take place in the larger shopping centres across the UK. The complete list is as follows:
- GAME Manchester Trafford, intu Trafford Centre, M17 8DF
- GAME Nottingham (Victoria), Victoria Centre, NG1 3QN
- GAME West Thurrock, Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex, RM20 2ZQ
- GAME Metro Centre, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9YG
- GAME Bluewater, Kent, DA9 9SP
- GAME Merry Hill, Merry Hill Centre, West Midlands, DY5 1SR
- GAME Stratford, Westfield, London, E15 2EN
- GAME Watford, Harlequin Shopping Centre, WD17 2TH
- GAME Glasgow (Union St), Glasgow, G1 3RB
- GAME Cardiff, Capital Retail Park, CF11 8AZ
GAME’s Retail Managing Director, Charlotte Knight, also issued a statement: “VR is a technology that needs to be experienced to be believed, and UK gamers are desperate to get their hands on Rift. Those looking to jump into a new world of entertainment need the best advice and the best technology. Our expert store teams can help power up PCs and offer the best finance and trade in package to save you money.GAME is the only place for gamers to get the most from the new Rift.”
For GAME Reward customers there will be an extra small treat as they can earn back 2% credit, meaning that they will receive over £10 (GBP) in credit – it’s not too much, but it might get you an extra VR videogame or experience.
For more on the latest VR retailing developments, as well as all the news, updates, and features in the world of VR, make sure to check back with VRFocus.