Gaijin Entertainment’s virtual reality (VR) compatible, massively multiplayer online (MMO) videogame War Thunder has supported the Oculus Rift development kits for years. Now with the release of the consumer version of the head-mounted display (HMD), the developer has added support with a new update.
In a posting on the official website Gaijin Entertainment has included several new additions, the Oculus Rift CV1 support being the only VR one listed. But the studio has also added two new vehicles, the KV-2 mod. 1940 and Richard Bong’s P-38J, as well as an oil and water aircraft engine leak indicator.
The Full Changlog for version 22.214.171.124
Support for Oculus Rift CV1 (Windows, DX11) has been added.
- PS4: improved sky and clouds render.
- PS4: Fixed POV on Saitek Pro Flight X-55.
- KV-2 mod. 1940
- Richard Bong’s P-38J
- Indication for water and oil aircraft engine leak have been added
- New decorations have been added to the “Other” section
- Client stability improved
VRFocus will continue its coverage of War Thunder. reporting back with any further VR updates.