At the 2015 Paris Games Week (PGW) Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) and developer Polyphony Digital announced that Gran Turismo Sport, would support virtual reality (VR) head-mounted display (HMD), PlayStation VR. Now the studio has revealed it’ll be showcasing brand new footage of the title at a special two-day event being held in London, UK.
In a posting on PlayStation.Blog, Polyphony Digital founder and creator of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi wrote: “We’re thrilled to announce that on 19th May we’ll be streaming brand-new Gran Turismo Sport footage from an exclusive London event.”
“Not only that, but we’ll also be streaming Pre-Season Test of FIA Gran Turismo Championship Cups- the Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test.”
To watch the stream either head to the official Gran Turismo or PlayStation YouTube channels at 6:45pm GMT/10:45am PST to get a first look. The live-stream will be hosted by GT and motoring experts who’ll also provide commentary.
Timing for the streamed event are as follows:
- 6:45pm – 7:00pmGMT/10:45am PST – 11:00am PST: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer.
- 7:00pm – 8:30pm GMT/11:00am PST – 12:30pm PST: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships [not necessarily in order]:
- The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
- The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
- 8:30pm – 9:00 pm GMT/12:30pm PST – 1:00pm PST: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]
Polyphony Digital will also have several limited places available on the 20th May up for grabs. It’ll be releasing further information via PlayStation UK social channels and GT Planet soon.
VRFocus will continue its coverage of Gran Turismo Sport, reporting any further announcements.